Thursday, February 23, 2012

Let's Tour EPCOT Center


      I always love to peruse Amazon to find old Walt Disney World literature.  There are a lot of used book retailers out there that are ready to unload books that only we as Disney super fans would care about.  Case in point, here we have a children's book from 1984. Guess how much it cost me? It cost $.30, no not $30.00, but $00.30.  Granted I paid 10 times that amount in shipping, but that is beside the point.  This book is only like eight pages long, but for the price how can you go wrong.  I would pay that for just one picture of EPCOT Center in 1984.  So I will share a few of the photos found in this little gem.
The front cover
The back cover










Original Journey into Imagination
Look how clear the dome windows were back then

 Radok screen pre show in Universe of energy 
The Energy Exchange in CommuniCore East


Dreamfinder the maestro
A-mazing Microchip
Kitchen Kaberet


Future city in World of Motion

Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit



2 comments:

  1. Great article. I recently purchased this book through ebay for a whopping $1. It is things like this that make me want to tie WDI to a chair and say "SEE! PEOPLE STILL THINK THIS SHIT IS COOL."

    ReplyDelete